The Pocket NC V2 comes with a tool kit that includes enough parts to get you started, listed here. If you want suggestions for a basic starter kit:
- The Pocket NC Enclosure: If you want the chips to be contained within a space, the enclosure is a good purchase. If your area is already in a shop, it may not matter as much. For education we do recommend getting an enclosure to keep new learners safe.
- Tool Holder and Collet Multipack: If you are doing tool changes throughout the program it’s convenient to preload some end mills into the tool holders and have them waiting in the rack. This comes with 3 extended tool holders, 1 standard tool holder, 4 ER11 collets, and the tool holder rack.
For a more comprehensive starter kit:
- The Pocket NC Enclosure
- The Accessory Bundle: Tool Holder and Collet Multipack, Ultimate Tooling Pack (15 end mills), ER40 fixture with Collet, and Edge Finding Tool Holder.
- *Chromebook: If you already have a computer you do not need an additional computer. The V2 will run off of any computer (Mac, Windows, Laptop, Computer, etc) via USB. If you’d like to have a stand alone workstation for the V2 you may want to purchase the Chromebook. Note, the Chromebook only runs the software interface it does NOT run Fusion 360 software, so please consider this when purchasing the Chromebook.
- *Material: You may want to consider an assortment of material to get you started, especially some B-stock.
* Optional parts