First Release: September 2018 (KN)
- 2 mm Allen wrench
Section 1: Inspection and Testing of the Main Board
1. Turn off the machine and unplug it.
2. Remove the side cover plate (held on with 5 M3x6 button head fasteners) use a 2 mm hex key to remove.
3. Look in the lower right corner of the main board and the green square in Figure 1. You will see 3 wires running from the power supply to the main board. The green one is ground, the white one is 5 volts, and the black one is 43 volts.
Figure 1: 3 power lines highlighted in green square
4. Plug in the power cord and turn on the power switch. Do not plug in the USB cord.
5. Since the power is on be very careful as you make this measurement with a multimeter! Check the voltage on the black wire and the white wire relative to ground (green wire). The voltage measurements should be 43V and 5V respectively.
6. Look in the upper right corner of the board, there should be a green LED (Figure 2). If it is on, it indicates that there is 3 volt power to the main board.
7. Look in the upper left corner of the board, there should be a green LED there as well (Figure 2). If it is on, it indicates there is 5 volt power to the main board.
Figure 2: LEDs in upper left and right corners
8. In the upper left corner of the main board there is an LED labeled "Axis on" (purple circle in Figure 3). It is directly underneath the LED that indicates the 5 volt power supply (green circle in Figure 3). When the red button is solid, the axis on LED should be lit. When the red button is blinking the axis on LED should be off.
Figure 3: 5V LED and Axis On LED
Please check whether the behavior of your machine follows this pattern.
9. Replace the cover plate when you are finished checking the machine's behavior.