This section explains how to mount the machine into the enclosure. This can be a bit tedious, but you only need to do it once as the machine will stay mounted inside the enclosure.
- (5) M4x6 screws*
- (5) rubber bumpers (optional)*
- Pocket NC V2 Enclosure
- Pocket NC V2-50
*Included in enclosure hardware kit. Only use hardware provided, longer screws may damage electronics.
- 3 mm hex driver or hex key
The steps as laid out in the video are:
- Remove the 5 feet from the machine (where the red arrows point to in the photo above left).
- Place the machine on the shelf inside the enclosure.
- With the enclosure carefully overhanging a table or workbench as shown, start one of the M4x6 fasteners into the screw hole closest to the USB port (the right front screw) using a 3mm hex key.
- Rotate the machine so the chip tray opening is hanging off the table and install one of the M4x6 screws into the back of the machine (back left screw).
- Rotate the enclosure back to the first position and tighten the first screw
- Carefully place the enclosure on its back and fully open the lid to prevent it from opening on its own.
- Install the 3 remaining screws.
- Clean off the bottom of the enclosure and stick on the 5 rubber bumpers if desired.
Note: This enclosure is not designed or intended for shipping with the Pocket NC installed, make sure to remove your machine before shipping!
If moving the enclosure be aware that the lid can pop open, secure it shut with tape if moving.